Wednesday 17 February 2016

Cihan - Food centre Hoofdweg 578 a & b 1055AB Amsterdam NL


I've been going to the Cihan for more than 10 years but they just hit the third strike and they're out!

First was a while back, the manager I think, definitely someone who was asked to solve problems, was wearing a pair of the new fashionable low cut jeans, it looked like a family of spiders was crawling over the waistband. the mama was a giant piece of bum fluff and the babies were the hair springing out of him bum crack! I couldn't go back until this week. 

There was a new guy there, never seen him before. Began positive; the first time I ever went in there and didn't have to wait an age to get served at the deli counter. Bad news the guy was a jerk, the smallest container is now more than double the size it previously was and in addition to him totally ignoring the meaning of “just a small amount please”, he also hassled to sell more, I mean really hassled. I got to the till and found I had spent more than 30 euros!

I made a point of getting the receipt and for some reason, for the first time ever, when I got home I weighed everything I had bought. Not one of the weights that was on the receipt was the same. To be on the safe side I used both of our sets of scales to weigh them – the scales agreed with each other, neither agreed with the receipt both of them showed the ingredients as lighter.
To be fair I phoned the guy. He told me to come back the next day with photos but, made no promise to reimburse me, just to 'check it out'. 

Their scales seemed to be out about 15-40 grams on each item. All the ingredients cost the same kilo price (which has go up to 12.50!) I bought five items to be weighed but there were only 3 weights shown, the first one was 840 grams which is a lot, plus two more of over 250 and almost 300. There was no combination of the containers that came to the first sum and none of them singly were as much as the other two.

I will shop elsewhere. If you shop there, try weighing your stuff again at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment