Wednesday 22 March 2017

Byron Burgers High Holborn


–Apart from a place in Berlin – see my review blog – these are the best burgers in my humble opinion. You can order them to your taste and they are exactly that rare is rare, medium is medium and well done is....

Great vegetarian and vegan options!

In general I don't like beef and I'm not as a rule a fan of burgers but if I see Byron even with their London pricing I make an exception to my rules!

I love the fact that it's not a problem to skip the bun and that you get a generous baby leaf salad as a replacement. 

The additional toppings/sides and sauces are my major downfall. They have 2 types of bacon, 6 types of cheese, chillis or jalapenos, fried (crispy) onions, portobello muschroom and avocado! Here you get a (whole) half avo! To date they have all been good sized, perfectly ripe specimens.

I ordered the cheese burger Emmentaler – I got blue cheese but that was because I kept changing my mind. We had courgette and sweet potato chips (fries) both of which are fabulous, with chipotle mayonnaise.

The service is good; friendly, attractive staff. Anywhere else in the world they would be expensive, but this is central London so the prices are standard.

My companion is vegetarian and had doubts about going to a burger bar. I swore that the portobello and goat cheese burger – which I've had  - would amaze. I said don't bother with the veggie burger – which I actually haven't tried – I received thanks and praise way after the meal was finished!

The beers are pricey and not great but you can have tap water – also un chilled at no extra cost. But I don't drink, especially not cold water when I am eating – nasty habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment