Tuesday 24 January 2017

Berlin Burgers International

My photography skills and camera are severely challenged!

http://www.berlinburgerinternational.com/

This place is so tiny I walked past it twice!



For some reason after checking the website I was imagining a large, windowed, airy space with WiFi and a well thought out Scandinavian style interior.




Let's be clear, it is not cheap, so if that's your primary requirement, this is not your place. It is in a street that is inundated with a wide variety of international cuisines most of which you can get a plateful of food (and a half if not two!) for the cost of one of the burgers.

However, if you want BIG(190gr-1/2lb) drop dead, gobsmacking, (vegetarian options,) heavily laden, kick ass burgers, with drool worthy extras and toppings, this is the place to be!



Quite literally the best effing burgers I have tasted in YEARS, I kid you not!

This tiny little place gets smoky with the grilling of burgers, halloumi, and toppings, the sweet potato chips are delectable. There is a sumptuous choice of cheeses and sauces. Everything prepared fresh while you wait.
Did I say the boys are super friendly, patient and really good at making burgers! 



At least one of them is an Ozzie - love 'm usually, this one very much so! He was jokey, smart, engaging. It felt like he went out of his way, without being obvious and made me feel really safe and welcome in a pretty white, pretty male city. 

When I went in the place was empty and I could dither over the menu, they were cool about it. Suddenly the place was chocka with three groups of young men arriving within seconds of each other. Most clearly return customers who knew what they wanted and couldn't wait to order

I drank one beer while I waited. The choice was limited, luckily I had had one of the expensive beers a couple of days before. In a city filled with stunning beer, theirs was over priced, fake posh, independent or cheap and nasty unfortunately.

BUT I am particular about my beer, and the three groups of young men were much more enthusiastic over the beer than me - so as far as that goes I won't say buy your beer elsewhere (but I would next time!)

http://www.berlinburgerinternational.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment