Monday 11 May 2015

Byron proper hamburgers Shoreditch

It said proper hamburgers, I passed it on my way to buy a ukulele case. On the way back I decided I needed a treat so I went in.

It wasn't busy, there are a lot of tables in there. The menu was a stunner, including an explanation of why your beer is served in cans! What can I say? They do indeed make well proper hamburgers.

The service was excellent, unobtrusive but I was checked twice during the meal to make sure I was happy. In a way I wish I hadn't been so I know how they deal with issues but everything was fabulous, though I probably shouldn't have had the second beer.

I ordered 'Le Smokey' with chipotle mayo instead of chilli bbq sauce - no problem and no extra charge - with extra jalapenos and portobello mushroo, no bun  which meant that you automatically get a side salad which was great, baby spinach, beet greens and rucola, toms, cuke, a piquant yet smooth, herby dressing and not too much of it. (No bun is called a skinny burger, I couldn't bring myself to actually call it that and I'm sure the waitress had a twinkle in her eye when she said it!) The burger was a perfect medium, the portobello juicy, a serious portion of jalapenos and the chipotle mayo really tasted of chipotle. I had courgette chips and was seriously impressed by houw good they were, I make them at home but these wiped the floor with mine. two cans of Brooklyn lager 35,5 mls and 5,2% served in an iced glass and a second glass was no problem, when I asked for it (though I wasn't offered it).

It's the trendy end of London so it came to just under 30 quid with a tip which means that it's not like an American burger at all in the sense that they are not only great but usually cheap too!

http://www.byronhamburgers.com/menu

No comments:

Post a Comment