Monday 11 November 2019

Dhaba-Mira Pannierstrasse Berlin

The main problem with Indian food, is that however fabulous it tastes, it rarely photographs well!

On one trip to Berlin, I stayed in the same street where this restaurant is. Inadvertently I ended up eating here three nights in a row! Je regrette rien?

The first night I came here I had wandered the length of the street and seen all the restaurants. Some were closed as it was early evening, others were empty and there was another Indian which unlike this one looked very inauthentic.

I was actually drawn to the menu on the outside wall - I can read food in many languages I can't speak!!  It offered an aubergine curry!


Plus I discovered the guys here all spoke English.

paneer pakora!

I ordered a ginger tea and an Indian rum and mixed them - utterly delicious. Someone heard (saw?) me ordering and asked for the same on the first and third night! The waiters told me and gave me a free tea (so I ordered another rum!)

The second night I went back cos I really wanted to try the bindi (okra) it was amazing.

The third night I ended up here again because of my raving about the food I had to bring my friend who was also just in town for the weekend. I had the paneer jalfrezi.

I LOVED the food.

Lost my photos...

If you like Indian food - this place is good (and very cheap!!)

https://www.indian-dhaba-mira.de/index.php/speisenkarte


No comments:

Post a Comment