Sunday 5 March 2017

http://www.activehealthcenter.nl/ - Lilith Turk


My Body

My body was a burden
Until
I met Lilith Turk
It
was a vessel that carried my rage
I
fed it with the hatred my food became
I
drank until it wept then drugged it to numbness
I
ate to not speak of the pain and loneliness
I
gave it to others to mishandle and disrespect
T
reatment this body had learnt to expect

Then
I walked into a class Lilith, led by you.
Something changed at that moment
There came something new
My body was always the bringer of strife
My
body until that moment was the bane of my life
The
lump of flesh with which I was cursed
That
reflected the misery of my mind, of my birth

When
I do therapeutic stretching with Lilith Turk
My
body is still a bringer of pain
The
pain of information long held restrained
Muscles
are messages of areas ignored
Tell
of whole territories yet to be explored
My
body has become a field of possibilities
Journey's
beckon, oceans are made from seas

Only
concentration and application are necessary
To
accomplish the voyages stretching before me
My
body has still its limitations
They are now challenges to be negotiated.

When I get down, consumed by depression and self hate
Which manifests in isolation. I cannot participate.
Still I struggle to find the compassion for myself.
Know I need to stop the thoughts churning, take the time to return
To connect with my body, to communicate and re learn.

Financial competence is my second largest learning curve
You wiped that away to let me work on my first
Lilith you are an avatar of Body Self Connection
Your stretching classes are a living message
To the body/self, to embrace, to love, to spurn rejection.

I cannot truly describe or repay the gifts you have given
My simple, maybe feeble response is these words I have written
My a deep and heartfelt wish is to express  my gratitude - Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment